Since they decided to go with a sports theme for the baby's room I decided I would carry that through the shower :) It worked nicely I think!
The centerpieces were vases filled with green shred and then different sports balls and pennants. I sat them on a piece of scrapbook paper with baby booties and a big plastic paci.
I didn't really get pics of the football and basketball ones.
For the food table I made this green football field tablecloth. Just got green fabric and used white medical tape for the yard lines :) Easy, inexpensive and I think it turned out adorable.
We had the yummiest cupcakes. I topped them with picks I made and cupcake wrappers I cut out of scrapbook paper.
I gave all the food fun sports names. If you look closely you can tell these were curve ball cupcakes :)

Since sporting events are nothing without popcorn, peanuts & cracker jacks :) Paper cones made from scrapbook paper.

I made tissue pom poms and hung the different sports balls from them.

Made this banner with scrapbook paper. I used the Cricut for the letters.

The drink station. Used those ever popular stripped straws, made coordinating sports labels for the water. Lucked up and found sports drinks in sports ball containers :)

Since sporting events are nothing without popcorn, peanuts & cracker jacks :) Paper cones made from scrapbook paper.
I made tissue pom poms and hung the different sports balls from them.
Made this banner with scrapbook paper. I used the Cricut for the letters.
The drink station. Used those ever popular stripped straws, made coordinating sports labels for the water. Lucked up and found sports drinks in sports ball containers :)
I had centered that pom and the pennants on the food table but then we had to move it a little and I never got around to moving them. I found these plain pennants and let the kids decorate them however they wanted the day before. They had a blast and it added a little extra touch. I hung them all over the shower spot

7 comments:
ONNA!!!!! such awesome, lovely details and i love this whole post! you are such a fab party planner! your creativity is amazing!! ♥ love it!
Thanks Katey!!!
It was fun. I love doing it.
Thanks again.
LOL Onna I saw a picture of you on facebook with the ref jersey on and I was like, "Hmm. That's an interesting fashion choice!". haha Now I realize why you looked like you were on the way to your gig at Foot Locker. ;-) Loooove all of your shower decorations! Man you really are the most talented person ever!
Kim lol well I do love wearing ref gear just any old day LOL
thanks for the comps. Some call it talented, I call it OCD lol
I Love This!!! Where did you find all of your decorations?? Love the talecloth! Super cute!!
Cindy - thank you!!
I actually created all the decorations. Here's a run down!
Tablecloth: I purchased green fabric and first aid tape and created the table cloth with them. Making lines for yard lines and creating numbers with the tape as well. You could also paid them on but I was under a time crunch.
Centerpieces: I got the baby booties and other items at a craft store or Walmart or Dollar Tree. Then I laid down scrapbook paper. The vases I got at the dollar tree and I got the bean bag balls inside from walmart party section. I just got green shredded paper for the bottom from the gift wrap aisle and the pennent flag I cut on the cricut and taped it to a skewer and stuck it inside the vase.
Napkin wraps: I just cut strips of paper and then cut out different sports shapes from my cricut to glue onto the rings.
Cupcake picks: For these I just printed out clipart onto cardstock and cut them in circles and taped them to toothpicks.
Snack cones: The snack cones were just scrapbook paper cut and shaped into a cone shape. You can google paper cone template and find tons. I actually bought a few pages of scrapbook paper and then printed my own from a scan. I think it was cheaper that way (unless you find the paper on sale).
Pom Poms: I made these too. I followed directions online for tissue paper pom poms, again good, you'll find hundreds of tutorials.
Pennant flags: I happened upon these blank flags on clearance at hobby lobby I believe, but you could easily cut the shape out of poster board. I let the kids at the party decorate them up for the mom to be and baby.
For the water lables I just took one off a bottle easily and made a template and cut them from the same scrapbook paper.
The food signs: I named them cute names and printed them and added the sports scrapbook paper to make a little stand up. Just folded it in half and it stands right up.
Hope this helps.
If you have any other questions just let me know!
WOw! Thank you! I took a lot of your ideas andd shared this page for my shower this weekend! I have been searching for the sport bottle shaped pops but no luck:( lol hopefully ill run accross some in the next week.. Thank you so much again! I ann so excited to see alllll of it come together this weekend:)
Post a Comment